A delicious creamy risotto made with pumpkin that makes for the perfect fall meal.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
● 2 tablespoons olive oil
● 1/2 yellow onion, diced
● 1 teaspoon salt
● 1/2 cup Food Club 100% Pure Pumpkin puree
● 2 cups arborio rice
● 4-5 cups Food Club Chicken Cooking Stock, divided
● 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
● 6 strips Food Club Bacon, cooked and crumbled
● Parmesan cheese
● 8 fresh sage leaves
- In a large skillet or frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add fresh sage leaves and
fry until crispy, about 5 seconds. Transfer to paper towel. To the same pan add onion and
salt. Cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add rice and coat with oil, stirring 1 minute
- Add pumpkin puree and 1 cup chicken stock, bringing up to a gentle simmer. Stir
constantly until liquid is absorbed, 3-5 minutes. Repeat, 1 cup at a time, until stock is gone
or rice is cooked fully.
- Stir in Parmesan and serve immediately. Garnish with bacon crumbles, fried sage leaves,
and additional Parmesan, if desired.