It’s hard to imagine bacon being any better than straight out of the frying pan. Try sweet and salty Candied Bacon.
- 1 pound thick cut bacon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- Lay strips of bacon in a single layer in baking pan. Drizzle the maple syrup over each slice. Sprinkle with brown sugar and a black pepper.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the bacon is crispy. Let the candied bacon cool for a few minutes until they've firmed up.