Everyone loves homemade bread! This easy and fun way to make bread will get the littles involved and interested in food preparation. Let them throw all the ingredients into a bag, mix, knead, and enjoy!
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 .25 package of active dry yeast
1 cup of warm water
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp salt
cooking spray for loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a resealable plastic bag, place 1 cup flour, sugar, and yeast. MIx together.
- Add 1 cup of warm water. Seal and squish bag to mix, then let sit for 10 mins for yeast to activate.
- Add 1 cup of flour, oil, and salt to the bag. Seal bag and squish again to mix.
- Add remaining cup of flour and mix until combined. Dough should come together and make a ball. Add a few more tbsp. of flour if dough is too moist.
- Remove from bag and knead dough for 5- 10 minutes until smooth.
- Place dough in loaf pan. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and let raise in a warm place for 30-40 minutes until doubled in size.
- Brush top of dough with butter or olive oil and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Eat warm and enjoy with butter, jam, or honey.