Heat up the grill before the summer sun changes to fall for these BBQ Meatball Skewers. Dinner is ready in a snap on busy nights!
Check out the deals in our weekly ad here!
Get everything you need to make this recipe from the comfort of home. Shop online now >>
Prep: 20 minutes plus soaking - Grill: 10 minutes - Serves: 4
- 4 (10-inch) wooden skewers
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bag (14 ounces) classic coleslaw mix
- Chopped green onion for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat; soak skewers in water 20 minutes.
2. In large bowl, gently mix pork, egg, jalapeño pepper, white onion, breadcrumbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; form into 1 1/2-inch meatballs. Makes about 20 meatballs.
3. Thread meatballs onto skewers; spray with cooking spray. Place skewers on hot grill rack; cover and cook 10 minutes or until internal temperature of meatballs reaches 160°, brushing with 1/4 cup barbeque sauce after 5 minutes and turning once.
4. In large bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper; add coleslaw mix and toss. Makes about 4 cups.
5. Serve skewers over slaw drizzled with remaining 1/4 cup barbeque sauce garnished with green onion, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 skewer, 1 cup slaw): 440 Calories, 25g Fat, 8g Saturated Fat, 122mg Cholesterol, 823mg Sodium, 28g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 16g Sugars, 12g Added Sugars, 25g Protein