Pumpkin Spice may be the flavor of the season, but it doesn’t mean there aren’t other great combinations to consider.
If you’re looking for a fresh alternative to Pumpkin bread, check out this recipe for Lemon Raspberry Bread. Make sure to check out the weekly ad for a deal on fresh raspberries. If you’d like an early peek at the weekly ad, sign up to receive Perks emails on our website.
- 2-3/4 cups fine almond flour
- 1/3 c tapioca flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Zest of 3 large lemons
- 1/3 c pure maple syrup
- 1/3 c avocado oil (or light olive oil, melted/cooled coconut oil)
- 1/4 c freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 3 large eggs
- 1-pint fresh raspberries (about 1 heaping cup)
- Line a bread loaf pan (8x4) with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350° F
- In a bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and lemon zest.
- In a large, separate, bowl whisk together oil, maple syrup, vanilla and lemon juice. After those are whisked together, add the eggs and whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients you’ve already combined and mix with a large spoon.
- Fold in fresh raspberries until combined. Please note, the batter will be somewhat thick.
- Pour the batter into the lined bread pan, place in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Cover the bread with tin foil and continue baking for another 20-25 minutes—until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Set bread aside in the pan for 15 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Wait until bread is completely cool to serve.