Get the best of both worlds with these delectable Garlic-Butter Chicken and Steak Kabobs.
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
8 Simply Done Skewers
2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, divided
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 large red onion, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, and garlic powder.
Place the chicken and steak in two separate bowls and season each with half of the spice
mixture. Toss to combine and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat your grill to
- Thread steak, bell peppers, and onion onto half of the skewers, alternating between meat and
vegetables. Thread chicken, bell peppers, and onion onto the remaining skewers. Brush skewers
evenly with olive oil.
- Grill skewers for 2 minutes on each side. Remove when steak reaches an internal temperature of 130°F and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- While skewers cook, heat butter over medium heat in a small skillet until foamy. Add garlic
and remaining salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Remove from heat
and brush butter over cooked skewers.
- Garnish with parsley and serve